THE MERIDA EX is more than just a mountain bike race.
THE MERIDA EX will take place on the 13-15th September 2019.
Just 80 riders will feast on Exmoor’s finest terrain.
Leg-churning climbs, cliff-top single-track, summit-to-sea with a pub at the bottom downhills, tight and technical push-yourself steep stuff and white knuckle hold-on-and-grin moorland hammering.
And so much beautiful, flowing, pristine single-track. You won’t find better than this anywhere else in the UK.
… And that’s just the riding.
It’s not just about the riding…
Apres-ride we’ll fill you with fine locally sourced food, great West Country ale and we’ll put on two nights of celebrations with a full bar and evening entertainment.
You’ll race head to head with 79 other riders in the day and you’ll celebrate, eat, drink and laugh (a lot!) with them in the evening.
Entry to THE MERIDA EX more than just entry to a mountain bike race:
Three big days of riding (Friday start around 12noon, Saturday ‘all-dayer’, Sunday finish mid-afternoon). The event venue will be open for ‘business’ from Thursday lunchtime onwards.
- 6-8 gravity special stages each day with dibber timing system.
- 35-45km of riding a day with approx. 1,500 – 2,000m climbing each.
- A fully marked course.
- An uplift at the start of each day.
- Medical cover and marshals throughout.
- On-course water stations and a vintage tea stop.
- Scrumptious locally sourced food and drink.
- A few beers in the evening to say “cheers”!
- A full bar on-site if you fancy a few more beers!
- Comfortable camping facilities.
- Evening entertainment.
- A gift when you finish the event.
- Yoga classes.
- Massage (tbc).
Just 80 riders to guarantee no queues, fresh trails and a friendly relaxed (but competitive if you want it to be!) vibe.
The entry fee for The-Ex is £300
(plus a handling fee should you enter through our secure online entry – paper entry form available).
Entries are open to everybody who has put their name on the pre-registration list on Saturday 2nd March 2019 at 9am.
Should there be entries available 48hours after that date, then we will make the entry page public at 9am on Monday the 4th March 2019.