THE MERIDA EX powered by SHIMANO STEPS 2021
…it is more than just a mountain bike race.
THE MERIDA EX powered by SHIMANO STEPS will take place on the 10-12th of September 2021.
Once again, just 80 riders will feast on Exmoor’s finest terrain.
Leg-churning climbs, cliff-top single-track, summit-to-sea with a vintage tea stop at the bottom downhills, tight and technical push-yourself steep stuff and white knuckle hold-on-and-grin moorland hammering.
And so much beautiful, flowing, pristine single-track. You won’t find better than this anywhere else in the UK.
… And that’s just the riding.
It’s not just about the riding…
Après-ride we’ll fill you with fine locally sourced food, great West Country ale and we’ll put on three nights of celebrations with a full bar and evening entertainment.
You’ll race head to head with 79 other riders in the day, and you’ll celebrate, eat, drink and laugh (a lot!) with them in the evening.
An entry to THE MERIDA EX powered by SHIMANO STEPS is more than just an entry to a mountain bike race:
Three big days of riding (Friday start around 12noon, Saturday ‘all-dayer’, Sunday finish mid-afternoon). The event venue will be open for ‘business’ from Thursday lunchtime onwards.
- 6-8 gravity special stages each day with dibber timing system
- 35-45km of riding a day with approx. 1,500 – 2,300m climbing each
- NEW: Exposure Lights Friday night enduro stages (make sure you bring your lights)
- A fully marked course
- Uplift at the start of each day
- Medical cover and marshals throughout
- On-course water stations
- (Enduro-) World-famous vintage tea stop
- Scrumptious locally sourced food and drink
- A few beers in the evening to say “cheers”!
- A full bar on-site if you fancy a few more beers!
- Comfortable camping facilities.
- Evening entertainment.
- A gift when you finish the event.
- Yoga classes.
Don’t forget; THE MERIDA EX is only open to 80 riders to guarantee no queues, fresh trails and a friendly relaxed (but competitive if you want it to be!) vibe.
The entry fee for THE MERIDA EX is £300
(plus a handling fee should you enter through our secure online entry – paper entry form available).
Entries to the 2021 event have all sold out.
If you cancel up to a month before the event, your entry fee minus £50 (handling fee) will be returned.
Alternatively, you can transfer your entry to another rider providing you will be able to let us know their details at least a month before the start of the event. If you have to cancel in the month leading up to the event, then we will not be able to pay your entry fee back or transfer your entry to another person.